I have a few programs that sendoff emails when someone signs a form. I have been reusing the same code for all of them and have had no issue. But recently one button in particular, used by one person, has not been working correctly. It will work one time and then not the next. I put a new copy of the program up on the server and it works just fine and then he will click it a second time and it stops working.
I think I have figured out the problem in the code below:
Call ShellExecute(0&, "open", "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Outlook 2007", strParam, "", SW_SHOWNORMAL)
He is using Outlook 2010 not 2007. I changed the 2007 to 2010 and it seems to be working just fine now.
My question is why does the 2007 work sometimes but not others.
Again I have a few other programs that are still coded with the 2007 and I know people, if they have not already switched to 2010, are going to be making the switch.
But it does not seem to be an issue for anyone else on any other program.
Whats going on here?
My answer for this if it becomes a bigger problem is to just switch all the code in all the programs to 2010 and force everyone to switch but I dont want to do that just yet because its just that one place.
I think I have figured out the problem in the code below:
Call ShellExecute(0&, "open", "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Outlook 2007", strParam, "", SW_SHOWNORMAL)
He is using Outlook 2010 not 2007. I changed the 2007 to 2010 and it seems to be working just fine now.
My question is why does the 2007 work sometimes but not others.
Again I have a few other programs that are still coded with the 2007 and I know people, if they have not already switched to 2010, are going to be making the switch.
But it does not seem to be an issue for anyone else on any other program.
Whats going on here?
My answer for this if it becomes a bigger problem is to just switch all the code in all the programs to 2010 and force everyone to switch but I dont want to do that just yet because its just that one place.
Outlook Issue
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire