Runtime 3186 Lock by Admin on Machine

dimanche 15 mars 2015

I'm at my wits end. I have an unbound input form with many text/memo fields that i'm updating to the record. When my code gets to a particular memo field it spits out error 3186 - Can't save record is locked by 'Admin' on machine 'myworkstation'. The interesting thing is that I'm very sure that my workstation is not logged on as 'Admin' and and I'm working on the machine that it states is locking the record. Basically, its stating that I can save this record because I'm on the record using it.



Also interesting, it lets me update other text fields or memo fields but not just this memo field in the record. I've narrowed it down to when the field size is greater than about 2400 charactors it starts to give me '3186'. Smaller than that it runs and saves all fields as planned.



Prior to this error, I was saving the record by opening an input form "ChartNotes", saving and then closing the form which worked very well for several years. I then recoded it to open a DAO recordset to do the save and that is when my problem started. I also tried saving the record by running it with docmd.runsql and not opening a recordset per se, but got the same error. I've gone thru my code and made sure all open forms were closed, and closed all recordset when opened and set them to nothing.



My question. If the record is open in another instance, for some reason on my workstation and I dont' think it is, why does it let me save the other fields on the record and then locks this memo field. If I skip this memo field it saves as planned. What does the field size of the memo field have to do with anything? I thought it might be some escapes but eliminated these with code.



I read somewhere it might be damaged files and did an Access Repair but this did not help.



My workaround it to save the memo field that I'm trying to save to a txt file when the error occurs. then open the record in an editing form and then pasting the field contents into the field. But this is annoying to do when I'm busy.



Would appreciate any input.

Runtime 3186 Lock by Admin on Machine

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels