Hi,
My name is Tom Woolf, I am a chemical engineer working in the water treatment industry. I am learning Access programming using online courses (Lynda.com) and other internet resources and have developed some basic understanding of SQL and VBA.
I am trying to build a database for my company for water analyses to store them based on client, geographical location and type. This may sound like a fairly simple task, but there are a number of things I am trying to achieve which are a lot more complex and I hope this forum will serve to be a useful resource to help me achieve my goals!
The main 2 stumbling blocks I have at the moment are:
1) The various parameters in the water analyses can be reported in many different units. I want to be able to input the raw value into an unbound textbox on a form and then use a combobox to select the unit, which then looks up the conversion factor to a common unit which is the value that is then stored in the underlying table.
2) The water analyses can be from any location in a treatment plant, so I want to be able to define what steps it has passed through. These are not necessarily always in the same order and the order does matter. So i want to be able to manually enter the number of pretreatment steps and then select each one from a predetermined list and have them stored in that particular order e.g. B-C-A is different from A-B-C.
I hope there is someone out there who can assist! :)
Regards,
Tom
My name is Tom Woolf, I am a chemical engineer working in the water treatment industry. I am learning Access programming using online courses (Lynda.com) and other internet resources and have developed some basic understanding of SQL and VBA.
I am trying to build a database for my company for water analyses to store them based on client, geographical location and type. This may sound like a fairly simple task, but there are a number of things I am trying to achieve which are a lot more complex and I hope this forum will serve to be a useful resource to help me achieve my goals!
The main 2 stumbling blocks I have at the moment are:
1) The various parameters in the water analyses can be reported in many different units. I want to be able to input the raw value into an unbound textbox on a form and then use a combobox to select the unit, which then looks up the conversion factor to a common unit which is the value that is then stored in the underlying table.
2) The water analyses can be from any location in a treatment plant, so I want to be able to define what steps it has passed through. These are not necessarily always in the same order and the order does matter. So i want to be able to manually enter the number of pretreatment steps and then select each one from a predetermined list and have them stored in that particular order e.g. B-C-A is different from A-B-C.
I hope there is someone out there who can assist! :)
Regards,
Tom
Help!!!
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire