First Post here. I did do a search for acCmdDocumenter. Found no posts. Not real sure where else to look.
I am looking for a way to run the database documenter progamatically for all objects in a database to export as a text file. I can run the DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDocumenter and comes up with the window to make selections. Can I make those selections through VBA?
I have tried to implement a bunch of different ways of looping through all of the objects through the CurrentDB (TableDefs and QueryDefs) and CurrentProject (AllForms, AllModules, etc) sections to try and extract all the details of the objects into text files. I occasionally run into issues with some objects when they are opened or trying to open of missing recordsources, controls not there because of a view, etc. I have tried SaveAsText processes and some output does not have enough information.
Ultimate goal is to automatically dump out all the details of all the objects and their controls/properties in a database in one environment and compare that to another dump of a database in a different environment that has had changes to see what needs updated. Basically like TortoiseSVN, Kdiff, the Database Compare in 2013. While I have not pursued the options for purchasing apps already out there, there is a lot of obstacles when trying to purchase software for work.
If it is not possible to do this through the documenter, then I will need to fine tune my other code to loop through the objects. Just figured the functionality is already there in MS Access, just try to figure how to get to it.
Thanks,
Michael
I am looking for a way to run the database documenter progamatically for all objects in a database to export as a text file. I can run the DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDocumenter and comes up with the window to make selections. Can I make those selections through VBA?
I have tried to implement a bunch of different ways of looping through all of the objects through the CurrentDB (TableDefs and QueryDefs) and CurrentProject (AllForms, AllModules, etc) sections to try and extract all the details of the objects into text files. I occasionally run into issues with some objects when they are opened or trying to open of missing recordsources, controls not there because of a view, etc. I have tried SaveAsText processes and some output does not have enough information.
Ultimate goal is to automatically dump out all the details of all the objects and their controls/properties in a database in one environment and compare that to another dump of a database in a different environment that has had changes to see what needs updated. Basically like TortoiseSVN, Kdiff, the Database Compare in 2013. While I have not pursued the options for purchasing apps already out there, there is a lot of obstacles when trying to purchase software for work.
If it is not possible to do this through the documenter, then I will need to fine tune my other code to loop through the objects. Just figured the functionality is already there in MS Access, just try to figure how to get to it.
Thanks,
Michael
Programmatically run documenter on all objects
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire