Greetings,
I am a new member to the access and programming world so do expect nothing much from me :p.
I am trying to make, for now, a really simple inventory database for an immediate practical use.
I expect my inventory to be of similar items from different suppliers and from different batches everytime it is received. All I want to do is to input an item with its unique batch number and sell the exact same item, noting its particular batch no.
I have 2 tables, Stock and Sales, with its respective forms and a report of the current stock level. Stock-Sales : 1 to many relationship, outer joins All stocks.
Stock form: only inputting data
Sales form: autopopulate form by choosing the batch no.
Report: shows the Qty on hand
My problem is that, on the sales form, I displayed qty on the batch no. combo box.
Batch no. (combobox_salesform): shows - BatchNo;Colour;Type;Qty.
However, these qty would remain the same as when it was inputted despite sales were made on that particular items. :banghead:
I understand that I would look at my Report when deciding the sales, thus I will not make a mistake selling more than possible, however, intuitively when I input data into Sales form, it would look wrong because the Qty was not updated and of course, it increases the error rate.:(
So, could anyone give me any tips regarding this?
I only want to track my inventory levels.
Thank you.
I am a new member to the access and programming world so do expect nothing much from me :p.
I am trying to make, for now, a really simple inventory database for an immediate practical use.
I expect my inventory to be of similar items from different suppliers and from different batches everytime it is received. All I want to do is to input an item with its unique batch number and sell the exact same item, noting its particular batch no.
I have 2 tables, Stock and Sales, with its respective forms and a report of the current stock level. Stock-Sales : 1 to many relationship, outer joins All stocks.
Stock form: only inputting data
Sales form: autopopulate form by choosing the batch no.
Report: shows the Qty on hand
My problem is that, on the sales form, I displayed qty on the batch no. combo box.
Batch no. (combobox_salesform): shows - BatchNo;Colour;Type;Qty.
However, these qty would remain the same as when it was inputted despite sales were made on that particular items. :banghead:
I understand that I would look at my Report when deciding the sales, thus I will not make a mistake selling more than possible, however, intuitively when I input data into Sales form, it would look wrong because the Qty was not updated and of course, it increases the error rate.:(
So, could anyone give me any tips regarding this?
I only want to track my inventory levels.
Thank you.
Question problem with creating a really simple inventory database
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire