Procedure to Call Form in Pop Up Mode

mercredi 18 février 2015

A friend and I have been creating an application in Access with a general split of duties along the following lines:

* I have built the tables, most queries, the forms and reports (I'm a retired business analyst) and

* My friend has learnt VBA (he's a retired programmer) and written all the procedures - quite a lot really



There is one area that has fallen in a gap between our skills and I am hoping that you more experienced Access folk can point us in the right direction:

* We call a main form as an event from a link in another form

* I originally set the event up to call a macro and it works fine. But the form is too big to fit on PCs with smaller screens and we lose access to important parts of the form

* I logged a question on the forum and was advised to use a Pop Up form which works great and has scroll bars allowing full access to all parts of the form - as long as it is called manually

* Unfortunately when the macro is used to call the form in Pop Up mode the current record is lost and none of the VBA procedures will work

* I was unsuccessful in getting the macro to pass the current record to the Pop Up form so I logged another question on the forum and received a recommendation for the event to call a procedure to open the form

* My very talented programmer friend has no experience on the form side of things and isn't sure how (or is reluctant) to write a procedure to call a form in Pop Up mode.



It would be very much appreciated if someone could give some pointers, or maybe even sample code, which could get him started / allay his concerns. I can link any code to the event which calls the form. I imagine this could be pretty simple but it is something outside his usual area and we need to make progress

Procedure to Call Form in Pop Up Mode

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels