Hi, I'm a newbie with virtually no VBA knowledge and quite new to access (2007); so this may be a basic question, but here goes:...
I have a form (MainForm) in its header is a combobox (cboRecordSelection) which uses a query (SelectionName_Qry) to display a selection name made up of Surname + First Name. The combobox then displays the selected records data in the MainForm details section, using a table (Names_Tbl)
This works fine.
What I want to do is to put a second combobox (cboFirstNames) in the details section to allow the user to select an individual by their first name. However the cboRecordSelection combobox already has an update event and I wish to use the name selected in this combobox to only show First Names for those records in another table (Individuals_Tbl) that match the selection in the cboRecordSelection.
I don't know how to assign two after update events to the first cmbobox.
Both tables are linked using an (AddressID) field.
Hope this makes sense, its like selecting a family in the first box and showing family details then having a second combobox to select individual people from that family and displaying that persons details.:banghead:
I have a form (MainForm) in its header is a combobox (cboRecordSelection) which uses a query (SelectionName_Qry) to display a selection name made up of Surname + First Name. The combobox then displays the selected records data in the MainForm details section, using a table (Names_Tbl)
This works fine.
What I want to do is to put a second combobox (cboFirstNames) in the details section to allow the user to select an individual by their first name. However the cboRecordSelection combobox already has an update event and I wish to use the name selected in this combobox to only show First Names for those records in another table (Individuals_Tbl) that match the selection in the cboRecordSelection.
I don't know how to assign two after update events to the first cmbobox.
Both tables are linked using an (AddressID) field.
Hope this makes sense, its like selecting a family in the first box and showing family details then having a second combobox to select individual people from that family and displaying that persons details.:banghead:
second Combobox
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire