The Identifier cannot be found (in subform)

mardi 3 mars 2015

The title of this doesn't accurately describe the problem, but it's what's happening, nonetheless.



I have a database with several tabs. On each tab is a form in datasheet view. I have a field that when clicked, will open the corresponding form in a dialog. The code used to open the dialog is: =IIf(IsNull([SalesOps_ID]),"(New)","Open") This creates an underlined Open link which, when clicked, opens the dialog.



An embedded macro is attached to this code, telling it which dialog form to open...and a bunch of other stuff I really can't explain (I'm great at stealing shamelessly from other similar projects but don't completely know what the heck I'm doing).



That said, all the other dialog forms work splendidly using this same type of embedded macro, except one very stubborn dialog form that is giving me fits! Interestingly enough, this form has a subform (all the other forms don't).



The form opens, I can edit data on the main part of the form, but if I enter data in the subform, when moving to the next record, I get the error message:

The identifier [Tasks].[Project ID] could not be found.


Interestingly enough, I don't have any tables, forms, queries, macros or fields that contain anything like [Tasks] or [Project ID].



If I move off the main record, then return to the record, the data in the subform does not display (however, it is in the table - just not displaying).



As if that isn't interesting enough, when I open the dialog form on its own, without using the Embedded Macro from the datasheet form, all that data shows just fine and the form works like it's supposed to.



I wish there was a way to simply copy all the text from the macro here, but I can't seem to figure out how in Access 2013.



Any help would be ever so appreciated!! If I haven't made it clear, I know enough about Access to be dangerous...more than most people, but not enough to get me out of these fixes!



Thanks in advance!

The Identifier cannot be found (in subform)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Labels