Hi,
I am using an RC4 vba function to encrypt the password when a user account is setup in the front end of my split database. The password is stored in the backend encrypted. It is encrypted in the before update event of the form by calling a function against the bound password field. My problem is that when I want to maintain user accounts using this form, I want to be able to see the password as plain text.
I can decrypt it and display it in the form in plain text but cannot update it. This is because to display the password in plain text requires me to use a query as the record source for the form and this query requires an expression to call the decrypt function against the password field. The form will not allow any changes against a field that uses an expression as the control source.
Any ideas?
I am using an RC4 vba function to encrypt the password when a user account is setup in the front end of my split database. The password is stored in the backend encrypted. It is encrypted in the before update event of the form by calling a function against the bound password field. My problem is that when I want to maintain user accounts using this form, I want to be able to see the password as plain text.
I can decrypt it and display it in the form in plain text but cannot update it. This is because to display the password in plain text requires me to use a query as the record source for the form and this query requires an expression to call the decrypt function against the password field. The form will not allow any changes against a field that uses an expression as the control source.
Any ideas?
User Account Form - Encrypted password
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire